What you can do:
- Write the novel you've been dreaming of in 30 days. (Or at least get a good start.)
- If you're 17 or under you can sign up at ywp.nanowrimo.org and pick your word count goal. Find suggestions at ywp.nanowrimo.org/wordcount.
- Or if you're 13 or older, you can sign up for the 50,000 word challenge at nanowrimo.org.
How the library can help:
- Join other writers of all ages for Write-Ins each Saturday in November, 2 - 4 p.m. in the Conference Room.
- Check out the NaNoWriMo display in the Teen area for books about writing, as well as plot and character workbooks to help you get started.
- Free computers and wifi! Remember, if you use one of our computers you'll need your own flash drive or webspace to save your work.
- Tables and chairs and outlets--and study rooms! Claim a space to plug in your laptop or pick up your pen and get an hour or so of writing in after school.
Need a little more inspiration? Here's a list of authors who wrote their novels during NaNoWriMo and got them published! Check out the books in the Teen area display too.