Join us for these roundtables that include a lecture by a knowledgeable professional, followed by plenty of time for Q&A and discussion. These groups are always dynamic and engaged, and we're sure you'll find your evening well-spent.
This evening's program is Digital Marketing Basics, presented by Sherry Bonelli*, Digital Marketer.
Every business needs to have some type of online presence, whether it's a website, participating in social media, writing content to educate potential customers, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies to rank higher on Google, reputation marketing tactics so you get more 5-star online reviews, etc. If you're a business owner (or future business owner) who is confused or overwhelmed about where to start with your digital marketing strategy, our Digital Marketing Basics Workshop is for you.
In this introductory workshop we'll cover the most popular digital marketing concepts and platforms and give you an overview of how each one of them can help your business grow. You'll learn:
- What digital marketing is and why it's important to your business
- Why a mobile-friendly website is a necessity and how to find out if your website is mobile-friendly
- The importance of getting your business listed on Google My Business, Bing Places for Business and other top online directories
- How search engine optimization (SEO) can be used to help you rank higher on Google and other search engines
- Why using pay-per-click advertising can be one of the best ways to get new customers and leads – fast!
- Which social media channels are right for your business and why
- How blogging and writing content can lead to more interested customers, followers and help you rank higher on search engines
- Why Reputation Marketing and online reviews is something a business owner can’t ignore
- How to effectively use Email Marketing to keep your current customers interested in what you have to offer
- And More!
* Sherry started her first online business in 1998. She was a digital marketer when Google was an infant (Yahoo! was the biggest “yahoo” in town); no one knew what PayPal was; her first ecommerce sale was a physical check she received in the mail from the U.S. Post Office; and Go Daddy was small enough that Bob Parsons actually picked up his own phone to talk with her.
She launched her pregnancy and baby products website in 1998, and it was selected as one of the top 10 websites by Pregnancy Magazine. She has appeared on and been featured in the TODAY Show, CNN, ABC News, Boston Globe and other media outlets. Sherry has 18 years’ digital marketing experience, specializing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Reputation Marketing, Social Media Management, Content Marketing, Reputation Marketing/Management and other integrated digital marketing strategies that help make local and national businesses successful.
Sherry is also a guest blogger on industry leading sites such as SEMrush, iSpionage, BrightLocal, Smart Insights and Eastern Iowa’s largest business publication, theCorridor Business Journal. As a SCORE mentor, she coaches small businesses on how to use digital marketing effectively and has presented at numerous local digital marketing workshops.
She is a Certified Content Marketing Specialist and Customer Value Optimization Specialist and has a Master’s Degree in Internet Marketing.
Sherry is the owner of early bird digital marketing (www.earlybirddigitalmarketing.com) a digital marketing agency that helps businesses get found on the Internet. Her motto: Trust. Experience. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-409-3287.